Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism in a Wrench

r1kkie

Hi!
New here so hopefully I posted in the correct section.

Im trying to make adjustable wrench, the problem I have is to attach the screw and the clamp(?) so when you rotate the screw the clamp is moved back and forth.
I have connected the screw with a pin and the clamp as a slider. But how do I connect them to work together?

Excuse my English, not sure what words to use, hope you understand my problem. :)

Thank you!

I found a way to make it work but there has to be another way to do it.

I had to make a separate rotation axis to gear from. First gear is just a generic gear and the second gear up to the slider is a Rack & Pinion.

If I cant find another way to get rid of the extra axis im just going to hid it inside the wrench...
Here is a picture:
View attachment 5527

hello,
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.6em; PADDING-LEFT: 0.6em; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.6em; PADDING-TOP: 0.6em">I would want a guide for mechanism design, you can help me? </DIV>

Excuse my English, not sure what words to use

thank you.
smiley1.gif

I suggest you search on youtube, all the guides I have used are in Swedish from my university.

Dont think I can be of anymore help, sorry...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back