Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do you get info on Magenta features

bhayden

I understand that dimensions displayed in Magenta are because they cannot be regenerated. For example, the feature they reference has been deleted. What about a feature itself? I removed a hole that was created using two features, a section cut and a chamfer in 2000i2, and replaced it by inserting a standard hole in 2001. I cleaned up all the dimensions but there is still a hole showing up in all views of the drawing. The original hole was dimensioned in a section view. I left the plane defining the section and it makes no reference to the original feature. there is also a very similar mating part which I made the same changes to and although the dimensions were highlighted it doesn't have the phantom feature.

Bernie Hayden

XKL LLC

OK, I think I can at least partially answer my own question. The magenta feature in question is the thread representation around the hole. I'm not sure how to get this to turn off or display as some sort of standard thread callout in the drawing.

Bernie Hayden

XKL LLC

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back