Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

weight for cables

johny5

Hello,
I need to know the weight in my harness. I have added density for spools but when I calculate mass properties in ProE the weight is incorrect and density too. Could you please send me some information about calculating correct weight and density. Thank you. I work in ProE Wildfire 4.0 M140.

johny5,
The parameter "density" is a linear density; mass/length; lb/in in my case. That should come from the wire spec or weighed. The parameter "mass_units" should also be set; lb in my case. The units should be the same as the mass units in the model. It took a couple of tries at first.
jef

Following is what I use from the schematic with the model units set to ProE default.

View attachment 5385

i also have a related question. for aesthetic reasons i want to route a cable between two connectors without a jacket using a network. i could only do this if instead of 'via network' i used 'follow cable' option in the route menu and then select the network segment for bothcable and individual conductors.

the problem is if i then try and get the mass for cable it assigns some ridiculously low density. is there any way i can assign different densities to individual conductors of a cable OR route a cable without a jacket(all conductors follow same locations).

thanks in advance

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back