Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism Tutorials?

Alex.Jennings

I could use some help finding a mechanism tutorial. I've been trying to learn it on my own but it seems quite confusing. I've done a lot of google-ing too and can't seem to find much.

Searching this forum I've seen a few posts raving about this website:

http://www.stdg.us/Tutorials/Mechanism_WF2/MDX_WF2_TOC.h tm

But when I open it up it just brings me to a glorified search engine with results for "Pro Engineer" and "Mechanism".

Here's a picture of what I am trying to make into a mechanism:

View attachment 5361

I'm just trying to make a simple lift table so that when I drag the table-top down the scissor arms will close with it.

Thank you,

Alex

Thanks Kennpy, I may look into purchasing a copy of that book. But for now it would be great if I could find something online.

Troudt, I wasnt able to open the link you provided. When I copy pasted it into both firefox and ie i got an error.

But I was able to go to the Sharptechdesign website and find some tutorials for mechanism on that. I'll look through them here. Thanks for the help!!

Proe comes with a tutorial on mechanism. Itmay be at the following location on your pc.

\\PTC 5.0\demos\demo\mdx\tutorial2

The above tutorial refers to a Four Bar Mechanism.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back