Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Striped (Mulit-colored wires)

ctr1914

It is my understanding that Pro E/PTC does not support the use of Striped wires in its RSD and Pro/Cabling modules. This is really bizzare being that this is so common in the electrical world.

After asking them what alternative technique that would recomend to achieve something similar there tech support sent me the following message: "After further investigation, it has been determined that the functionality you are looking for is not currently part of the application specification."

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />So I gues I'm wondering what are some of the workarounds that everyone else in the Pro E community have come up with???

Your spool in RSD is named '16_gage_yel_striped' and offers a tag that illustrates a striped wire. Done.

Just because there is not a strip rolling around your wire like in reality does not mean its not designated striped.

Not sure who you asked ... possibly a VAR who does not use RSD but we don't need a fancy shaded view to illustrate a striped wire. Although it would look cool, it's simply not necessary.
Edited by: design-engine

Hi Bart,

Got the same reply from PTC a year ago. Did this as a happy medium by changing the highlites for a named color. CAT5e going into a 100 pin micro D.

Not elegant but shows some contrast with the highlite down the middle.

View attachment 5582

Thanks,

jef

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back