Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

adding assembly

uav1

I want to add an assembly with mechanism constraints to another (with mechanism constraints. I am having issues joining the two. I've brought in the sub assembly and used mate/insert/insert (rigid) to fix the chassis parts and then try to join the 'moving' partsby adding another assembly set using pin. I can get this to work by having the the part i want to join in the sub assembly and frig the assembly sequence.(clevis on either end and the add tie bar - this doesn't reflect actual build sequence/drawings)I know that's hard to visualise but it may mean something to someones who had similar issues! Using WF4. Am I missing something basic here or would you describe mechanism as both robust anf flexible in use?

I should add the assembly uses ball joints. However as the ball joint option on WF4 doesn't have limits I've had to use 3 pin constraints.

Thanks

Ian

Edited by: uav1

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back