Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

More info needed on Datatables

ctr1914

Our company is new to RSD we recently purchased RSD 9.0 Lite and Creo Schematics and they come with the basic tutorials that I've been through a couple times but they are really watered down and don't give you what you really need to know to make full use of the software.

I guess thats where the 3rd party software comes into play. You would think after the inital several thousand dollar investment, that you would need to make that invesment all over again to utilize the software to its fullest capacity.

Creating Lines and Circles to make the symbols is a piece of cake but the data behind it all, the datatables and membermaps all this stuff PTC needs to provide its customers with more info, knowledge, and support.

I'm trying to create a 16-pin plug Deutsch connector which is not included in the catalog provided and so I don't know what info to include when creating a dataset for this specific connector and the parameter strings in the dataset that will ultimately need to drive the Cabling side of Pro/E.

If anyone could provide any more info on the datatables it would be much appreciated.

Call me and I can chat about many things you will want to avoid as you prepare your library of symbols inside RSD or Creo Schematics. 312.226.8339

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back