Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Harness Layout

prejah

<DIV>I have autorouted a harness usingone network.</DIV>
<DIV>A single circular connector on one end andmultiple pin terminals on the other</DIV>
<DIV>Our standard istohave all thewires & cables fan outorsplay out startingfrom the </DIV>
<DIV>connector end in a "Y" shape in the flat harness drawing. </DIV>
<DIV>Currently the wiresbundle together in the flat until they branch out to the succesive pins. </DIV>
<DIV>How do I accomplish this without doing it the tedious way.</DIV>
<DIV>I would like to autoroute as much as possible.</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>

what your asking to do can be a little painful because if the connector is connected to the longest wire.... then the other wires are not long enough to fan out and reach the others and the system will fail the feature. I am the king of work arounds and have many ways to get her to look great and I can discuss those with time. I do have a list of issues like this for discussion in the TC meetings however usually those discussions get de-railed before any issues can be really discussed. (or at least that's how the last meetings went) By de-railed I mean the group discussion is lead by "but why do you want to do a picture perfect drawing anyway when you could just do a stick drawing and still have accurate lengths"

Your welcome to call me anytime to chat. 312.226.8339
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back