Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Belt length design analysis

HenrikF

Hi there, I just became a new member as this seams to be a great forum for ProE information. Im a newly graduated student, so I guess that I have some tips and tricks to learn in ProE. With that declared, I hope thatmy question still will make sense to you all!

Iv got a belt design problem where I have to try out different designs on a tension pulley(I hope thats the rightenglish word). I would like to know how these different designs affect the belt length, and figured that I could use Mechanism and BMX to do in for me.

I set up a simple assembly just to try to prove my concept, see attached pictures. I would want it to work as follows:

1. I use the Belt-feature to create a belt, and then a corresponding curve, around my pulleys.
2. Im translating my tension pulley vertically with a motion servo(constant vel.) from one endpoint to another.
3. I create an position analysis to actually move my pulley.
4. I return to Standard mode an create a length-measure-feature to capture the belt length.
5. I create a motion analysis and select the analysis made in Mechanism mode. But my length feature wont show up in the list.

Ive used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW1jOWLmIwcas a reference guide to my workflow. I guess the problem is that my curve wont update continuously through the mechanism analysis...

What i want to achieve is similier to the animation given by PTC http://www.ptc.com/products/proe/bmx/examples/belt_drive.htm
But I cant find any tutorial to that topic. In the end I want to plot the belt length variation when I move one or two pulleys, and also get the MIN and MAX value of the same during the analysis.

Anyone having any good suggestions?
My best regards

Henrik

EDIT: Forgot the attachment. The pulley in red is the one how moves vertically.

View attachment 5287
Edited by: HenrikF

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back