Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

routing cable shield

prejah

Hello All,

I dont have access to rsd , soI manually route or auto-route using a .nwf file. (text file)

1. Howdo you specify shielded cable spool data?

ie;do you specify the shield as an extraconductor or do youuse the parameter shield_type in the spool creation options. eg if Ihave a 3 cond shielded cable will I specify 4 cond for theno_of_conductor parameter in the spool data dialog box.

2.If the shield is setup in the cable spool is itvisible in the 3d harness or does itonly show up in the drawing wirelist data?

information isvery scant on shielded cables

Regards

Hello,

Just to expand my question I picked this right out of the Cabling help files:
<H1>To Autoroute Shields</H1>

1. <LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered>
    Click CABLING > Route. The CABLE SEL, ADD CABLES, and ADD CBL SEL menus appear.
    <LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Numbered>
    Select a cable shield using the ADD CBL SEL menu.
    Click Done Sel. The CBL ROUTE menu appears.
    Click Cable Envr. The CABLE ENVR menu appears.
    Click the AutoRt Shields check box.
    Click Done/Return.
    Click Autoroute on the CBL ROUTE menu. Cabling autoroutes the cables that you selected using the ADD CBL SEL menu. The AUTOROUTING menu appears.
    Click Rehighlight to display the autorouted cables in the assembly. The wires and cables that you have added are highlighted.
    Click Accept to accept the resulting routing</LI>

Can someone explain what this is implying? sounds to me likea cable shield can be auto routed without specifying an extra conductor for the shield. Is this correct?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back