Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

COLORED SPOOLS

mmead1014

I know this is probably a basic question but i'm just starting to dabble in cabling.

Is there a way to set the color for each spool as they're created?

*EDIT*

a little more i don't have RSD

I'm creating spools and adding a parameter to the spool saying that it's the color green, black, white etc. But they are all coming in as the same color- gray.
Edited by: mmead1014

Yeah it's added as a column and then changed to a specific color. after creating the spools i create a feature and choose a spool for it to pull off of, and rout that feature where ever it supposed to go. But they're all gray.

Not to sure i understand what you mean? Do you mean in general is the color turned on? Or is there something in the cabling program that needs to be turned on?

I believe everything is turned on, there is color in the assembly that I'm working on. It won't even let me chose individual wires in the color view manager. I can chose the wire harness as a whole. But not individual wires.

In color and appearance editor create user defined colors with the same color name as the one in the spools. Save the color.dtm file. Make sure either it is where the start up script gets it or in a location you can get to. You will probably have to make some modification and regen for it to take hold. Also, make sure this color.dtrm file is applied whenever opening an assy with cables.

mmead1014 said:
Not to sure i understand what you mean? Do you mean in general is the color turned on? Or is there something in the cabling program that needs to be turned on?

I believe everything is turned on, there is color in the assembly that I'm working on. It won't even let me chose individual wires in the color view manager. I can chose the wire harness as a whole. But not individual wires.

He's refering to the model colors setting on the Environment dialog box. You may also find an icon to turn colors on and off. However since you have colors that shouldn't be the problem. I think jstone found the problem you're having.
Edited by: kdem

jstone

that seems like the answer to the problem. The next task is getting it done. I work for the government DOD, and our system is managed by a "gate keeper". Because of this i may have problems saving the dtm file. But that should work. Thanks for the advise.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back