Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mech Dynam/Design Anim w complex 3D curve

hargrove

I want to use a point length ratio value as a Mechanism Dynamics or Design Animation assembly with the length ratio design variable to be controlled by a servo - The catch is that I need to place a norm-tangetial-twist cysy, on the curve at the point (Csys is part of a curveanalysis at a point, analysis feature, in BMX) - I wanted to useassemble by coordinate system - I have tried this thru WF4 - anyone have any ides on how to use aligned cordinate systems in an animation, with assy contraint csys to be positioned by length ratio, and let the cysys twist with the 3-D curve, therby pushing the driven body along a curve, and orienting by csysto the norm- tan - twist directions(norm-tan-twist are the axes of the BMX curve analysis at a point, cordinate system)This could be used todrive the position of a body in an animation OR preferrably Mechanism Dynamics - either module- I need help finding the right schemefor using a3-d curve as a Geometry servo using MDX, DAO?PTC knowledge base is vague (no specifics and no examples, recent web searches turn up nothing remotely related) Offset a point contrained to a curve wrks sometimes, but fails to allw a full traverse of a curve, it has to be piecewise animated
Edited by: hargrove

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back