Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Twisted wires in cabling

cmb

What is the easiest way to create a pair of TWISTED wires in cabling from wires created in Route Free modes. My intent is to avoid creating helical-wound wires from Variable Section Sweep option in Pro-E.
Any alternate suggestion will be appreciated.

Akin

I tried to get a solution from PTC, but they have no solution either. It's baffling that they spent time writing the Pro Cabling program and couldn't write a subroutine to twist the cable. Hmnn.Copied below is a portion of their reply:

"I did not find
anything in Pro/CABLING to create a pair of wires in twisted form. Variable
section sweep is an option to create it."

Feel free to
write back to me.

Thanks &
Regards,
<table ="MsonormalTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<t>
<tr>
<td style="padding: 0in;">
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td style="padding: 0in; width: 100%;" width="100%">

( ) (Name removed for Privacy)
Engineer

T
[email protected]

PTC.com
</td></tr></t></table>

Don't know the exact steps in WF 5 but in WF3 you could add location points and specify rotations at locations. The wires were defined by a network path and the rotations applied to it.

just to add to kdem's comments the same process (adding rotations at locations) is also used to make twisted wires in wf5. i use the technique to remove the automatic twists that appear when you add locations to a simply routed wire.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back