Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Can Pro/E do this?

htxb

My boss's boss wants to know if Pro/E can create images
like these:
fig1hydrauliclinerretention.jpg

fig2valvecoverfall2010.jpg

fig3pistonrodsdischargestra.jpg

If so, how? I've tried creating renderings but the edges
never show up this way. The images look like what I
remember Solidworks looking like.

Anyways, if anyone can help that would be very much
appreciated.

THanks!
Edited by: htxb

Hi htxb,

I think you can. You just need to change the background colour to white and make printscreens:). Unless you mean something else I can help you with some view settings. Just let me know.

I have no option to add the picture right now, but if you write me and email than I can send a picture explaining howan example picturecan look like.

Cheers
Michal

Possible with CREO 1.0. especialy the black edges. Proe gives edges in contrasting shades of part colour. Never bothered to render edges in proe. Perhaps it is possible with a White background.

I have a sneaky feeling that your boss's boss is either from Sales or Marketing
smiley4.gif
Edited by: SRINIVASANIYER1

Yes, you can. In the model display under the Shade tab check the "With Edges" box. The edge color is normally controlled by the color of the shaded model and will generally be a contrasting color. If you want black, change the color of the model to black then select and change the surfaces to another color.

After setting the backround color to white you can do a "file/save a copy" and in the "type" dropdown menu at the bottom it gives you options to save as .tif, .jpg, .pic...

Scott - sorry, I understood your post. I was just informing htxb that no tangent lines would be shown. So, if the files that he creates these views for have rounds (say around a rounded block) he might not get the look he wanted.

You can export the files with eDrawings, then turn on the edge display. I don't think the edge display in Pro/e will get you what you want (because tangent edges do not show up). If you want to try the edge display method, create a solid black color and apply it to the part. Then go in and modify the black color to white, and the edges will show up in black.

You can achieve "Black Edges" when you open the assembly in Productview Express or Product View.

You may then snip the image (Windows 7) or Alt+Prtscn (Windows) and create any image file. I am not sure whether a "Save As" image file is provided in the Viewer.

in Creo you can get your black edges , just like in solidworks...

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

tobbo said:
in Creo you can get your black edges , just like in solidworks...

But AFAIK you can not have edges (black or old style) AND advanced realism together, this is bad, you could have it in WF5.0. Also one thing I don't understand is why when "black edges" are on they override the user setting as far as tangent lines are concerned :/

Paolo

Am I missing something here? I have done .tiff snapshots that look like this a number of times. As a previous postor said, change the background color to white, do the Save a Copy as a .tiff snapshot. Done.

Now, if you want something in addition to what you showed, then...

This may seem like a lot of work, but I create a drawing and overlay two views (one shaded and one line) on top of each another if I want this effect. Going this route has the added bonus of being able to highlight certain components by hiding ones you don't care about from the shaded view...

xandu said:
This may seem like a lot of work, but I create a drawing and overlay two views (one shaded and one line) on top of each another if I want this effect. Going this route has the added bonus of being able to highlight certain components by hiding ones you don't care about from the shaded view...

That is really clever and looks really good! Thanks, I will be using this in the future!!
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back