Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config files update utility

DanD

Hello all,

I need a script to automatically update the config file(s) -from network to C drive- every time the user starts Pro/E. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

I modify our Pro/Intralink batch file with something like copy x:\ptc\proe2001\config.pro c:\proe-loadpoint\text as well as my menu def.pro and color.map files so that each time they fire up the Intralink app. manager they get the latest copy of these files. Hope this helps.

I use a batch file that sits in everyones start up directory, so it runs everytime they log on. It trys to load into very possible place ProE may be installed, if the place doesn't exisit it just skips it:

echo off

echo ** Starting Config.pro Copy Utility v1.5.2 - updated 10-May-02 **

echo

echo c drives

COPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO c:\progra~1\proe2000i\textCOPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO c:\progra~1\proe2000i2\textCOPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO c:\progra~1\proe2001\textecho d drives

COPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO d:\progra~1\proe2000i\textCOPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO d:\progra~1\proe2000i2\textCOPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO d:\progra~1\proe2001\textCOPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO d:\proe2000i\textecho e drives

COPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO e:\progra~1\proe2000i\textCOPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO e:\progra~1\proe2000i2\textCOPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO e:\progra~1\proe2001\textecho

echo

COPY \\SANDY\server\PM_SETUP_FILES\CONFIG_PRONT\CONFIG.PRO c:echo

echo ** Finished **

We use these commands (with PTC_HOME & PROELOC defined appropriately):

xcopy %PTC_HOME%\config\config.win* %PROELOC%\text\ /d

xcopy %PTC_HOME%\config\config.pro %PROELOC%\text\ /d

The /d means it will only copy if the network version is newer.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back