Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Adding a photo background in Pro/E WF5

harralk

I'm trying to superimpose a transparent model over a photo of the actual part and I was wondering if it would be easier to add the photo as the background in ProE (and how exactly would I do that?) or make a .jpg of my part and insert the two images in photoshop?

Thanks in advance

You could place your photo on a wall of your room but since you use Photoshop I would recommend going that route. It's more flexible to changes.

You can render out your model with transparency (known as an alpha channel) by checking the Render Alpha box under the Output tab of the Render Setup window. You must render to a tiff file to get the alpha. Tiff (and png) are the only formats that will retain the transparency. In Photoshop you can then place the tiff on a layer over your photo.

I've done this alot. The biggest headache is getting the window sized right so it frames everything properly.

Robbie

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back