Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Back to front

I have been using Pro/E for a few years now and have just realised (or I think I have) something quite strange. When I use one of the default start parts supplied with version 2001, the front is actually the back.

If what I am saying does not make sense, imagine (or draw) a car on the datum planes: if the top plane was the top of the car and the right the right-hand side of the car then front would actually be the back.

If you flip the direction of the front plane it makes sense.

All though it has never been a major issue it has meant some confusion and the occasional head-screw (excuse the term).

Any thoughts? Should I reverse the plane direction of the start-part or change my thinking? Or, do I need more sleep?

It might make sense in the morning,

Sam

I have now reversed the plane direction of the start-part which seems to make more sense.

Anyone any thoughts?

Sorry for wasting peoples time with this, I appear to be the only person who cares about this issue. Is it just me or do I have a point?

Sam

Do your datum planes look like this?

View attachment 180

If this is the case, it looks like all you need to do is redefine the datum plane and flip the direction. Save the file.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back