Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Glass rendering

sgokben

Dear members,
Can anyone help me about glass rendering?Tutorials or whatever you can.I will be very pleased.I use wf4

hi, when you use just Photorenderer it will never look like real glass, but if you have access to Photolux then it is possible to make photorealistic render of the glass material. You need tofind some glass materialin photolux library, apply that material to the part or surface which you want torender. Thenapply some predefined rendering scene or just try to define new one. Then apply some simple HDRi light to get more realistic lights, shadows and reflections. Before final render do not forget to define refraction factor of the glass and enable the ray tracing in render setup, more bounces equels brighter and clearer glass in final render. there are many aspects while rendering the glass material. It ispretty hard to explain like this. anyway here at forum are many discussions about rendering. just try to find it. good luck.
Edited by: Miko

Just as a side note, when rendering glass the most important thing is not just the material definition, but the environment! Glass on a flat plane with dull background will look bad. Add a spherical environment or some studio simulation props to allow good reflections and refractions

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back