Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Routing Cables Using Offset Axis

bcureton

Cananyone explain the "Offset Axis" option in Pro/Cabling and how to route cables using it?I'm assuming itis usedto route a cable offset from an existing axisby a determined distance. I am trying to route several cables (each cable has their own harness)in an equipment rackbundled through a cable clamp that has an axis and don't want them overlapping/interferring each other. It asksme to select the existing axis and reference planes but doesn't ask for an offset dimension and proceed toroute the cable on the axis the same as using the"Along Axis" option.I am using Wildfire 2.0.

first let me tell you that you should be using a different work-flow.... first rout a network ops thru axis then in a second step rout the individual conductors (no matter how many) from RSD into the 3d assembly. In this way the cables or wires your routing will all follow nicely along the network path.... bunched like you want.

If your workflow does not include RSD for some reason then you can still choose along axis and the wires inside the cable will often mount themselves side by side like you want.

Offset Axis reqests an axis and two datum planes. The second datum dictates what plane for your network opps or wire to follow. Most people use the function 'Use Dir'

call me with any questions and perhaps I can help you over the phone. 312.226.8339
instead.

or if your on Facebook.... PTC has a planed Q/A time set up for user and myself for the 25th. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1080264062#!/event.ph p?eid=190631807614823
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back