Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dimension by feature and view

streamm

hello all,
in Wildfire 5.0, how to show a dimension on a specific view.
if I click the feature from model tree and "show model annotations", Pro/ENGINEER show my dimension but not on the view I want.
this was possible in Wildfire 4.0.
someone has an idea?
thanks,

OK....? Why not? What'syour problem? I guess in wf4 it would also take some time?

I admit, I am not too glad about the new show and erase features. But please don't shoot the messenger. After all I did answer your question didn't I? But you have to be open for change....

Have you tried to

1) highlite a view
2) open show box
3) pick feature in model tree

I have no proe here today, so I am just tring to remember. But there still are some different ways to show dimensions....

I'm open to change..but changes would be to the better or at leats keeping functionalities.... here in this case it seems a regression.

in Wildfire 4.0, from model tree I can pick the feature from model tree and Right Mouse Click ==> SHOW DIMENSION BY VIEW and then pick the view I want.

This does no more exist in Wildfire 5.0.
I tried what you have said but doesn't work...proe show all dimensions.

When you select the feature in the model tree and RMB>Show Model Annotations the dimension will show in a view but it's not placed until you select the show check box in the annotation dialog box. The feature should also highlight in the other views. Select the highlighted feature in the view you want the dimension to appear and then select the show check box in the annotation dialog box.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back