Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spec-driven Piping Setup problems

jlevy

I am in the midst of setting up a Spec-driven system at my current company, but I am running into an issue and PTC support has not been as helpful as I had hoped. My problem is we have a pressure relief valve whose inlet is 1 1/2" 300lb flange and turns the corner and on the outlet is a 2" 150 lb flange. As far as I can tell there is no way for spec-driven to understand this relationship and put in the correct flanges on each end. PTC says that there is no way for this to be done, but this seems like a relatively common issue and for there to be no fix boggles my mind. We are using SCH 40 pipe throughout the system (unless pressure dictates) and this issue seems to cause a major issue in that it wont allow you to differentiate easily between 150lb and 300lb fittings. Has anyone run into a similar issue and if so has anyone figured out a proper work around?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back