Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

h490032 used in multiple places

design-engine

I have a 29 inch cable harness that has been submitted to the database and is signed off on.Problem is that I need to utilize that same harness in many different locations on my assembly. I have an idea to use top down design then simply retrieve the harness in hopes that it will update the connectors of the harness in those multiple configurations.

Not getting much feedback here....

I was thinking of using the modify length fix function in WF4.0... has anyone used fix length?

Hi, I have done the same thing many times on my recent contract. The company I was with already had a little system where they would call a cable form the same number but sufix it with 'do01' then up the number each time it was used. Each itteration can then be duplicated and made to fit the new unit or you can simply make it from scratch again but make sure you end up with the same length. In your BOM you just call up the original part number. The bonus is that you also get an accurate image for any had books or production info.

Duplicating a cable assy can be straight forward too but you just have to be carfull about referances when making the cable. It's probably a whole topic on it's own that ;-)

hope this helps.
Ian.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back