Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spools....

Deb Ingram

This is my first post so be easy one me....

I want to create spools outside of Pro/CABLE and I am told i need RSD lite to do it. Can anyone enlighten me on how to create spools outside of RSD .... At some point i or my CAD manager will figure out how to download RSD Lite, but for now i need to be able to create my spools. Suggestions?

Edited by: Deb Ingram

excel should do it. You really should get up to speed with RSD tho since that is the best way to manage the Pro/CABLE in Pro/E!you will still need excel tho.

of course you can always create your wire spool info in 'spools' 'create'....Use write and a text editor to modify them. Read them in to test 'em

Edited by: design-engine

Deb, i second that what bart said. You create a spoolCSV (comma seperated values) file using excel. and upload it in RSD lite. And that info then can be exported to Pro Cabling via XML file.

I have got some sample CSV files i can send you on email.

You can also create spools with the Pro/CABLE spool menu. We just started having our students do this exercise (create a spool library) in the design engine Pro/CABLE class in the first day of training. Since our first day is all about using Pro/CABLE without RSD ... since so many companies still have not made that jump to RSD and contractors/consultants need to be able to run the cables w/o RSD in many cases.

This method will only work if you use the menu structure. Don't rename and copy using windows. That new file will not read into Pro/CABLE. You have to use 'Read', 'Rename', 'Edit', and 'Write' to get your spool library created for yourself or others to use.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back