Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Manual Routing Question

ERamsey

Morning,

I have 3 simple wires that I'm trying to manually route from points A to points B. They all at some point run though the same area and cable tied route.

My question is how do I get them to be seperate at this cable tied points? They are on top of each other and I know when i've done "imported" routes they space themselves out nicely so they are not on/into each other.

Is there a way to tell it "manually" to not be on each other or do I have to make seperate routes manually to space them out?

Any advice is appreciated.

Route the first wire/cable

Then start routing the other one first use the lcoation of the original one then with follow cacle select hte original one and a final location on the original one

regenerate

your spools should have a thickness value not equal to zero

Ok that seems to be the step I was missing but I did notice something else after I regenerated.

I noticed in the one section where they leave a cable tied point they "criss-cross" and during that section they merge through each other.

Is there a way to prevent this or is this typical?

select the location on where you want to reapir the twisting

rotate

enter an angle like 90, 180, 270 or what whatever works for you

then

regenerate

ali

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back