Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Working With Multiple Cable Harnesses

todd6678

Hi Everyone,

I have a large top level assembly with multiples cable harness assemblies. More often than not those cable assemblies criss cross each other or follow along the same paths. Does anyone know if there is a way to "Copy Routing" or "Follow Cable" from one harness assembly to the next?
Basic example, say you have a cable harness routed along a wall. Now you want to route a second cable the same way, utilizing the first cables path (it makes more sense to do this than creating a whole new route).

Thanks for any help.

Todd

Hi Todd,

You can copy a network of one sub harness into another by just clicking "copy harness" button. But i dont think that will solve thecriss cross problemof cables. But with this you dont have to create a new network.

That's not quite what I was talking about. Basically lets say I have 3 cables, and each is in their own .asm. Is there a way for the cables to "follow cable" or use the routing "locations" from one .asm to the next IE one harness to the next.

I am not sure about it but if you have intralink you can duplicate your harness assembly and the harness prt files in it by renaming them on-the-flywhen the duplicate menu opens up.

Now you have another harness exactly the same with the first harness then you can tweak it if you like.

Ok here's an example of what I'm refering to. In this picture there are three cable assemblies. Each is there own .asm as they are individual cable harnesses. My question is is there a way for me to use the cable routing locations in order to route another cable. Say I wanted to route the red cable using the locations of one of the two above cables. It seems like there should be a way but Pro-E won't allow me to use the other .asm's. See Below.

pic
Edited by: todd6678

Todd,

did you tried "harness>network ops> share>" ?

this makes a copy of network and locationsin new sub-harness or assy.

C:Documents%20and%20SettingsBangarsDesktop%01.jpeg
C:Documents%20and%20SettingsBangarsDesktop%02.jpeg
C:Documents%20and%20SettingsBangarsDesktop%03.jpeg

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back