Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

item number in a repeat region

olivierpa

Hello everybody

I want to know if it's possible to have 2 items numbers in a repeat region for a same part and if it's possible can you give me the path to follow

Many thanks for your help

Olivier

Hello Everybody

Sorry to ask again , but I really need your help because I don't find anything and my boss pushing me

smiley19.gif

To give you more informations , In my repeat region , I have 10 sames parts and I wanted to have 3 parts with a index number and the last 7 ones with and other index number

If one of you already face this problem, can you give me explanations ?

Many thanks

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Yes you can do what you are asking, but you will have to manually enter the index numbers you want. Our repeat region is set up to use multiple variations assemblies, we then sort the region using the fix index and manually enter the index numbers accordingly.

Jeff

Hello Jeff

Thank for your answer , but I think it's not exactly what I'm looking for

I can fix the index manullay ,but in this case I can only have one index numberfor one part , If I have 10 identicals parts I will have 10 index , I can't ( or I don't know) group 3 parts on the same index

If the setting of my repeat region is " no duplicates " ,I will have the 10 parts on the same index

If the setting of my repaet region is " duplicate " , I will have 10 index for the 10 parts and I can't merge them

What I want for the 10 sames parts in the repeat region ( BOM)

Index : 100 Quantity :3

Index 200 Quantity : 7

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

When you mean index, is this variation or family table instance? So in index 100 there is 3 parts and in index 200 there are 7 parts?

Jeff

Hi Olivier,

I do not understand why you would want to do what you show on your drawing BOM. Sorry but I give up; I will add, I think your Boss does not under stand how the repeat regions work. Just because you could do it in AutoCad does not mean it was correct or an industry standard.

Jeff

hello olivierpa,

First off i have to sort of agree with jeff toff's last statement...but....i also sort of see what your trying to do from a drafting standpoint and i think you are just going at it froma slightlywrong direction. Maybeit would be best if you simply left the parts listwith one line item (or index) forthat partdesignation(keeping the repeat region set to 'no duplicates')and the total QTYfor that "same part" (in your example it would beQTY 4) and then detailing in the drawing views with multiple parametric qty balloonsfor that same part.

In your example I'm suggesting that your parts listshould have 3 line items (or indexes) instead of 4 and the item (or index) #3 should read QTY 4. Then using Pro/E's balloons functionalitydisplay the parametric qty balloon. At first it will come up as index # 3 QTY 4 but you can then use (TABLE > BOM BALLOONS > SPLIT) which will allow you to parametrically split your qty balloon into 2 (or more) balloons to show on your drawing. So in your example you would have one balloon just as you show it on your drawing as(index 3QTY 3) and another one (index 3 QTY 1) instead of a seprate index number like you show in your example. This way you accomplish the communication task &keep it parametric/associatively linked to your parts list. If you make a mistake when splitting qtyor want to adjust the qty's between each balloon you can use (TABLE > BOM BALLOONS > REDISTRIBUTE) to change quantities as you like. This is how we do it and works well.

Hope this helps.

I agree with gcook and splitting the balloons out and keeping the same index number.

That is why I can not understand why you want to different index number for the same part.

Jeff

My question would be is what is different at that location that makes itdifferent from the other three locations. If nothing is different there is no need tosplit the balloon as far as I can tell.

Dear all

I also agree with Gcook , I was using this method til now and it work very well

Now the top management decide to use the method bellowbecause , for them it's more esay for people in the assembly line!!! ( so I have to follow)

I think I found a solution ,I have created a parameter named "place"and assign a number for each componants in the assembly, in my repeat region , I have substitute the report parameter "rpt.index" by "asm.mbr.cparam.place" , and now I have what I was looking for

Olivier

If you must, try creating a bulk item in the assembly and make the parameter designation and the plan etc. all equall the part you need to split. One exception is leave a space after entering the designation. This will make the parts list give the bulk item a separate line in the parts list but show the exact description you need. Just copy paste the bulk item into the assy as much as you need to get the qty right. Now your drawing will have 2 lines and you can balloon what you need and your still parametric.

Hope this makes some sense.
Gary

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back