Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Detailing

Balulikes

Hi All,
When i am doing detailing i change the values in drawing options(Like Text Heights, Widths, Font type and Dimension length and width etc...) for every time for new dwg. Could any one give the solution for this......
smiley18.gif

Thanks in Advance
Balaji.D

maybe try to set the changes as a drawing template?

open tehe drawing template, and after changing everything save it back.

When you use the default template next time in a new drawing, it will use the settings you saved.

are you sure you editted the right template?

In some companies the template folder is read only, or is reset every start-up. Check this plz

Ooh...<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Might be i done wrong method...Could u expline clearly...

Balu - what you need to do is find the dwgform.dtl file (should be in the "text" directory of your main pro-e directory) and modify it. You will need to open the file and manually type the options you want saved there then save.

ex: drawing_text_height 0.125

This should do what you want.

Krow72

You can use the config option drawing_setup_file to point to a .dtl file if you are not using a drawing template. I keep 4 standard .dtl files, 2 inch & 2 metric, for different size drawings. When I make a drawing template & load one of the 4 .dtl files.

Hi Mr.krow72,

I done What u said like above (I change the options in dwgform.dtl and saved in text directory itself.). But i have to load that .dtl file always for a new dwg. other wise it can not work. Could You give me a permanent solution for this....

Thanks

Hi Mr. dr_gallup

Thank you for replay. But I am Not Understand What u Said. Could you give me a clear information on this......

Thanks

Balulike,

all times that you to start pro-engineer, it look for in aspecific folder, your config pro and your config dtl need to be there, otherwise always you willlose your configuration!!!!!

Balu,

In your drawing file RMB /proprties/ drawing options opens your std.dtl file which you can edit as you wish and save. Then make sure your config.pro points to this file and all your future new drawings will open with these attributes.

Balu - in your config.pro you need to make sure you have this set:

drawing_setup_file (directory path)\dwgform.dtl

Krow72

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back