Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Changing Views to a model with Simplified Reps

dannerj

Does anyone know if there is a way to change an already placed view of a Master Rep of an Assembly to that of a simplified Rep? I tried Views->Dwg Models->Set/Add Rep....but that appears to only affect anything new I put into the drawing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ok, nevemind I figured it out....to anyone else who wants to know, it's under Views -> Modify View -> View State.

Currently, views can only use assembly simplified reps. To create one for a part try placing the part in an assembly and create a simplified rep with the part displayed with the part simplified rep.

In WF 3 you can choose a simplified rep for a drawing part:
File\properties\drawing models\set/add rep
You also need to activate this option in config.pro
allow_refs_to_geom_reps_in_drws
Unfortunately I've started a drawing with master rep and I now would like to change to a different rep.

Edited by: nicolas d

Okay I see. I haven't actually tried that option. Looks like you can't currently do that unless there is another option I don't know about. From what I found out you can't change the rep even if you started the view witha geometry rep.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back