Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cable Datatable vs. Wire Datatable .csv f

SpaceRouter9

Here are a couple questions regarding the use of .csv files to define Cables and Wire spool information....

1. After tinkering with RSD 7, it appears that it is not permitted to use the SAME .csv file as the referenced Datatable for a Wire definition (Fiber/Fibershape) AND as the referenced Datable used as the Dataset for Wire Spool information in the Membermap .csv file referenced in a Cable Datatable .csv file. Can someone confirm this apparent rule? (Note: When I try to apply a .csv file as the Datatable to my Fiber/Fibershape as is already referenced by my Cable Membermap, I get an error stating that a "map" already exists. But if I choose different .csv files for my Fibers vs. my Cable Membermaps then everything works as expected.)

2. In the .csv file used as the Datatable for a Cable definition, is it permitted to have TWO entries (Datasets)? For example, the first entry (Dataset1) would be for a Spool!Cable_Spool with a spool_name of TSP_22AWG reading from a membermap file called TSP_22AWG_mmap.csv. The second entry (Dataset2) would be for a Spool!Cable_Spool with a spool_name of TSP_24AWG reading from a membermap file called TSP_24AWG_mmap.csv. My goal would be to lay down Fibers on a Wiring Diagram then grab them two at a time and create individual 2-fiber Cables, having the option to select either the 22AWG (Dataset1) or 24AWG (Dataset2) from the Cable Datatable. In my tinkering thus far, this isn't working as expected. RSD lets me create the Cables, but the Cables aren't getting created in Pro/CABLE. So can someone confirm if what I am trying to do (have TWO Dataset entries in a Cable Datatable) is permitted in RSD and transferable to Pro/CABLE?

Thanks for the input

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back