Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Arabic

_TL_

Hi all,
does anybody have experience with using arabic in the drawing's notes? Is it possible? Wildfire 4 supports Unicode, but writting from right to left is not supported. Just to write the text in the backward order does not give correct arabic text.

Thank you for any advice

Thank you for the advice with Word file, it works. Unfortunatelly it is not fine solution, I need it as a standard note for further processing (with Pro/Toolkit application etc.), but it is better than nothing.

Flipping the text does not help as I have written at the end of my question.

Hi _TL_
ٰI am sending you a file. it will certainly help you in writing Arabic/Urdu. You can write Arabic/Urdu an any software like MS word, Excell, Auto CAD Iventor or ProE just like English. You have to install this program in your PC. Go to regional and language options, Check Install file for complex script ............ follow readme....
2010-10-27_142050_Phonetic.zip

Thank you Triple-Ess, but it is not working on my computer. I have successfully installed it, but I can't find Urdu in the combobox.
I am even not sure, what it should do. Is not it just support for keyboard? I have troubles to display arabic text in ProE, in Word, Excel it works fine, but when I copy the arabic text from the clipboard to ProE it is damaged. My PTC call was closed, that arabic is not supported...

You are right TL. I am also facing the same problem. You will see that when you try to insert a text note in ProE, in the text editor area it works fine but when you exit the text editor, in drg area it show only some boxes. I only checked it in the editor area and sent you the file. I am trying to find some solution. pray for me.

Hi TL
one of the solutions (though not very fine) is that you can insert the notes as a picture i.e., insert >object> paintbrush picture but write your notes. But you will not be able to edit them afterward.

The other solution may be that you insert your notes as word document. Insert>Object>MS Word document. You can edit the note afterward. there are two problems:

1. It shows notes in black color (text). by increasing light of monitor they can be seen
2. One or two of the letters are not shown as they should be. letters become question (?) marks .
The letter ی becomes ? .
This is what i experimented in last 24 hours.
سید سعد سجاد

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back