Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Add connectors to flat cable

KeithC

Hi All,

I hope there is someone who can help!

I have made some cable assemblies and produced the flat cable in the mfg model - my problem comes when I try and assemble the connectore to the flat model.

If, in the main assembly, I use cable components/attach to harn/add, I get the error "The component is not referencing any location."

If in the mfg model i use flatten/components/assemble, I get "Connectors cannot be assembled. The setting of config option "default_ext_ref_scope" did not retain references for cable end locations."

I have set "default_ext_ref_scope" to all, but this has no result.

I hope i'm missing something simple....

thanks for any help

Hi KeithC, you have to re-route the end connections to connectors after setting "default_ext_ref_scope" to all.

I always set "default_ext_ref_scope" to all before starting any pro/cabling route.

Thanks bforbitter,

I have tried that in a new test model this morning with just 1 connector and 1 wire, but I still get the same result.

Any more ideas?

Just for completion - I have foundout that my problem is down to an incorrect start part. once corrected everything works out.

Keith

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back