Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing table update issue

aregupathi

Friends,

I have an issue wrt to assembly cut and BOM generated using Repeat Region.

Consider the case below;

I have Item B say 5 quantities in an assembly and I make a Assembly cut passing through Item B(2 qty). Whenever I try to create Table using repeat region,I see Item B getting repeated 5rows and showing Qty as 1 in eack of row or two rows one with Item B -3 qty and Item B -2 qty another row?

Regards

Aravind

Hy,

I have same problem as you. I googled around and closest that I came to solution is your post. Bu it has no reply. So close but ...
Soo... Did you solve your issue and of course how.

Filip

P.S.

Or if anyone else knows the solution don't be shy, feel free to answer.

Edited by: fic007

Hi..

are you showing mass/ weight also in the BOM list?

If that is the case, u increase the decimal places, you can find the differences in weight between each parts. thats is the reason it is repeated for multiple times in the BOM. make all the weights equal to get a single list...

Regards,

Murali Krishnan.K

Hi, and thanks for reply

@ kmk!
Yes, ProE makes the differences in weight between each parts, and I think that is the biggest problem. I don't want it to do that. You sad "make all the weights equal to get a single list...", how?

@ garymig
I just try that, and Duplicates and No Duplicates and No Dup/Level and nothing works.

Do you have the same problem or is it just with me (and my friend).

Do you need to show the weight in the table? If not remove it. If you want to show the weight of the part before the assembly cut is addedcreate a mass analysis feature (if possible) and write a relation that sets the value of the MASS parameter equal to the mass calculated in the analysis feature.

hi..

As kdem said remove weight from the BOM table...

or Create a relation in pro/e with relation CEIL, this will round off your mass value removing the decimal places.

- Murali Krishnan.K

If you do use CEIL you will need to be careful since you can still end up with different mass values depending on how much material is removed with the assembly cut.

you can make 2 semi circles (id & od) and revolve it with respect to centre axis.

regards,

murali krishnan.k
Edited by: kmk!

s said:
if you know how to draw a hollow sphere in pro-e please help me

Please start a new topic.

Further to Murli, you can draw a single semicircle and revolve it for solid sphere.

Next, you can use the shell command to hollow the sphere.

This way you need to handle lesser number of sketch entities.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back