Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do you do Fractional Dimensions?

That doesn't work in the drawing mode, does it? I can go into the part mode and select modify>dimension and select the dimension and change it to fractional, but this does not make it show up as fractional in the drawing mode. How do I make it show up as fractions in my drawings?

If your dimensions on the drawing are Shown or driven, this should make it appear as a fraction in the drawing. Click View > Update > All Sheets (in Pro/E 2001) to manually update the drawing.

I figured it out. When you are drafting in the drawing mode, and you want to change from decimal form to fractional form, you first need to select the desired dimension. After the dimension is highlighted, select Edit > Properties then select the Fractional option within the Format box on the Properties page in the popup window. Finally select OK.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back