Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Saving decal with part file

Dale Urban

Hi,

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but... how do I save a decal with the part?
When I apply a decal on a surface everything works great. However it disappears when I do a dbms to another directory and open it there. I have saved and copied the appearance.dmt to the new directory as well as the jpg file that it came from but still no luck?
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Help!

You either need to change where Pro-E looks for your texture and decal files or save your decals in the directory it already looks. Likely graphic library.

Thanks that works but is there a way to save the decal within the part? It would be nice to be able to send these files out without having to manually grab everything else required for the decals.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Even backup doesn

Hi Dale,

You are on the right track with appearance file. Here is a tip. Make the decal file name identical to the part file name. In your config.pro file set the path for pro_texture_library and store the decal files there, everything will work out fine then.

Jeff Toff

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back