Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF4 HDRI render troubleshooting

CPiotrowski

I'm currently trying to get my head around the HDRI for WF4. I can't seem to get the floor and scene to disappear to show the background image. Still working on it. Figured I would just do a sphere to reduce render time. As you can see based on the Sphere...the HDRI renders are gonna be real nice! Remember, the wood floor and the background are not suppose to show in this render. When viewing the background image that is suppose to be behind this...it's way cleaner. This sphere with the correct background image with the shadow and reflection would be beautiful! I WILL figure it out.

30w428n.jpg

Edited by: CPiotrowski

Hi CP, howyou doin' man?we havegreat newoption in Wildfire 5.0 in amterial definition, The shadow catcher.We can just catch the shadow of the model and apply this shadow forbackground or image. So we can make an lets say illusion that the model is right in the image or photo. I have prepared some pictures to show but I cant find button for picture uploading.
smiley18.gif
whats happendwiththistext editor here?
Edited by: Miko

Hey Miko, you should just upload your images to tinypic.com. It's quick and easy. Ever since i've been on this forum I have never received emails about replies to my threads. May be one reason I never see replies to my posts. What you are talking about in WF5 is exactly the problem I am having with WF4...the shadow and reflection on the floor.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back