Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need help in learning Pro Cable

nishant.pharane

Hello all,
I am new to Pro cable. I am very much interested in learning it. Can please anyone guide me in this aspect. Please let me know if I can find some tutorials on it.

Thanks
Nick

I don't believe there are any books available to learn Pro/CABLE. You only chance is to take a class.... search 'pro cable' in google or take the PTCU classes online. make sure you get a class that offers both RSD and Pro/CABLE together.

Design-Engine is right. If you really need to learn RSD and Pro-Cable, the best way is to go for Class.
Edited by: Kratos72

you can itemize out the cost of the class per the extra money and job offers you receive from jobs. Its easy to get over 60 bucks per hour if you can run cable with RSD and create those flat drawings of the harnesses.

Believe it or not but I found the help section to be useful in learning Pro/Cabling.

Go to Help Center -> Electrical Design -> Cabling

I could second a recommendation on the FroTime tutorials. My company bought the list of tutorials for a SW guy to learn ProE. I've used a couple of them for some of the more advanced packages, like Pro/Cable, and I found them useful.

Where as I agree this forum could be ground to a halt with spam if allowed. I think its excusable if an small business like FroTime gets in a little free advertising.

I too, have used FroTime to get exposure to Pro/Cable. It was very helpful.

I'm not a moderator either but I feel mentioning it here is OK as long as it pertains to the question asked.

Well i dont find anything wrong about mentioning about Frotime even if not realted to any post. That's what the forums are for. Because some companies are ready to pay for these kind of services but are not aware about the avenues to explore. Like few weeks back the company i am working wanted to buy a 3D proe model library electical connectors. And in forums like this one expects to hear about if there is any place where we can buy it.

Ofcourse i would be happy if we get tutorials (or model libraries)for free.

Its nice to hear that Frotime makes good tutorials, maybe i will recommend it to my colleagues if they want to learn , for ex "cabeling".

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

fiebigc, hansonm, bforbitter,

Thanks for your support - While somewhat of a "shameless" promotion, for those that need the resources and help, might as well let them know about the options out there if they are unaware....

If someone comes to us and really needs training or support to advance their Pro/E knowledge - we will find a way to help them if they can't afford the cost. The more users of Pro/ENGINEER, the stronger the product will be in the future.

hey frotime, no worries! keep up the good work. and yeah , please continue with "spreading your word " about your tutorials...

//Tobias

Edited by: tobbo

Would love to find a job doing cabling. I have been using cabling for about a yr now and recently got laid off. I can't find any cable work around here on the EAST coast...anyone have any leads. Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back