Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

really confused which rendering program t

Marco++

hi there

Im an interior design student ,i have been using Kerkythea for rendering my sketchup models but it is not giving me the realistic image i would like,so i have been looking at a few other options like Vray,Metalray,Fryrender and Maxwell,and im not sure which option to go for

i would really appreciate if someone could stear me in the right direction

looking forward to some reply's :D

Fry and Maxwell are "unbiased" rendering engine, that generally means they are somewhat slower than the counterparts, but provide physically accurate results. If you are into interior design you'd probably like the way they manage real light sources. Vray and Mental Ray are generally faster because the results are "approximate", this means that at the end they will look just as good as the unbiased if you are good enough in defining materials and light setups.

Also consider the integration factor: VRay, Maxwell and Fry can integrate with sketchup if I remember right, Mental Ray can't, and Alias Imagestudio is no more available. Also MAxwell is the only one with a "scene editor" that can be run without another modeling package so it's good if you also have MCAD models to render.

Give a try to Hypershot but only if you are also in industrial design / mcad modeling, I don't think it's suited for interior design...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back