Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Redifing a already placed view to Broken,section,partial viw

salil

Hello ,

I want a help from all of you.

How to redifine a view (general , projection) placed in the drawing to the broken, section,partial view ?

Thanks in advance.

Salil

Modify View > View Type > select the view and convert it to Partial and Section

Have you tried this ?

xcad

Xcad,

Yes........I'd tried that option.Let me tell you my problem in brief.

Place a view e.g. view of a long bar of length 1586 at scale 1/4 in A0 size then change the scale 1/1 of the same view ,obviously the the view will exceed the sheet boundry.

Now try to modify this view to broken (so that the whole long bar can be placed in the sheet) section, local thru view>modify view.

I tried this twice ............but may be missing something in between .........Please try this & let me know ur feedback.

Thanks.

Salil

salil

Have you tried the Broken View? You can break the view as many times as you want to. This depends on the amount of detail you need to show this bar to have. For instance holes, slots, cuts or any shape that needs to be discribed.

Thanks

AS

Especial ,

I'm talking about redifining an already palced view to borken........thru modify view.

& not about palcing a fresh one.

Is this possible ? (redifing any gen.view to broken)

Salil

Salil

Modify View-View Type to Broken View is not going to happen.

I have never been in a situation where I couldn't redo a projection. I miss understood the first time. Sorry!

AS

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back