Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dynamic Analysis

alkokabani

I am trying to create a friction analysis, however i am running into a problem. I have two planar surfaces and I have used a slide constraint set to assemble them. I can run a kinetic analysis no problem simulating the two parts behave as expected. I have set the Cam1 and Cam 2 with Property correctly, also I set the current snapshot as my Initial Condition too and select it in the Analysis Window under the Preference Tab. When I run the Dynamic Analysis the part don't move at all. I have check both Gravity and Friction under the Ext Load Tab. Do I need to create a force entity in order to have the part move when doing Dynamic Analysis. Any help is greatly appreciated, I hope I haven't left out any info, if so please let me know. Thank you in Advance!

Regards

Hello Everyone,

OK, I think I might have figured out my problem but not sure if I am getting the correct result. I am try to show friction analysis using a cam connection. Please email me to send you the files if interested.

Thank you!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back