Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Save as ZIP file settings

Olivers1

Here is my question. I have an assembly with family table parts I would like to Save as a zip file so I can give it to other people to work on detailing the drawings. The problem I'm having is when it creates the ZIP file it also adds the complete family table parts. I would prefer it give a table only with the instance of the table it needs. Not every instance in the table. I would prefer that my entire family table contents not be sent out. Currently once the zip file is created we have to manually remove all of the family table instances not used in the assembly.

I'm hoping their is a configuration file I can modify so when the zip file is created it only creates the table with the exact instance used in the model.

Any help or other ways to accomplish this would be great.

Thanks,
Jeremy

The whole family table is in the ZIP file because it is needed to regenerate the instances. The only thing you can do is to break apart the family tables and replace the instance of the FTin the assembly with the individual file parts.

Something you can try and see if it works for you is create a backup of the generic delete the instances not required for the various assemblies from the family table and export it (this will create a *.ptd file). Delete all but the first row of the backup generic keeping the columns and you might want to insert an * for the values. You would give the backup generic to those working on the drawings and the appropriate *.ptd file for the assembly they are working with.

I was hoping there was a way to keep the PTD file with only loading the 1 instance that is needed. It doesn't appear that is possible so we'll remove the instances we don't need to keep the process moving.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back