Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cabling Help!!!!

norman.melanson

Is it possible to flatten out an assy of harnesses together at once. (i.e main_harness_assy.asm containing harness1.asm, harness2.asm andharness3.asm)

We have individual harness/cable assemblies which we buy and group together as a bundle, these harnesses/cables are individually routed in a proE cabinet model, but we want to group them together as one assembly and flatten these out together as one, to create 1 nailboard drawing, so our harness/cable manufacturer can supply us with 1 harness assembly containing all the sub harnesse & cables

1st - Isit possible to do this??

2nd - How?

Thanks,

Norm.

why cant you flaten each one separatly using your .mfg and include them all in a drawing separatly just like you buy them.

I want to flatten them out as a group so our harness manufacturer can create 1 nailboard, bundle all these individual harnesses together and branch them out at the proper locations before placing this grouped bundle into our cabinet... How does everybody else do this? What is the industry standard??

Norman

I haven't tried before but you can try subharnesses. That is harness1.asm, harness2.asm and harness3.asm should be the subharnesses of a mother harness.

Ali

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back