Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

datum curve display

denncoa

Hello all;

I have a datum curve thru a pipe that I want to display as a centerline in the drawing. Right now I can only get it to display as a hidden line. (view display is set to hidden line) I have tried to modify the line style to no avail. What can I do to make this display as a centerline? Thanks

Denny

Modify-Line Style is only good for sketched datum curves.

On any other datum-curve (from cross-section, intersection between surfaces, projected etc) Pro/E will reset the line weight back to default at the next regen...

This is a datum curve created to sweep the pipe profile. It sure would be nice to use it as a centerline on the drawing without it displaying as a hidden line.

Do a use edge in the drawing and pick the curve edges. When you blank the curve...or put it on a layer...you can then change the line style of the used edges. You can find the use edge command under drawing, tools, use edge. I would not recommend erasing the edges when prompted...it causes some strange things once in a while. What kina sucks is if the curve or edge changes the used edges are not updated...since they are 2D entities they are dead.

Brian D.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back