Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM quesion with respet to LH and RH wire

design-engine

I have a simplifed rep called e3 and an explode state called the same showing in a drawing. I have a repete region displaying BOM details about the view. Fair enough.

My problem comes in like this... I have two antenna an an assembly both with same cable lengths (not exactly symetrical) and one is called LH and one is RH... since they are both cables they are in fact the same part number... To show them both in the explode state requies me to route a separeate assembly for the drawing. How can I trick repete region into not displaying the ANTENNA-LH.ASM in the BOM?
Edited by: design-engine

You must createa commonparameter for both assemblies ant to report themon BOM table. Or, if youdon't want to change the BOM rulesyou can create ontop level assemblythe sameharness as a "blind" component(insert/component/include) but on drawing you need to exclude from BOM the ANTENNA-LH.ASM(table/repeat region/filters/select region/select by item-exclude/select ANTENNA-LH.ASM).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back