Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hide Threads Downloaded Step

johnwhymant

Hi,

This is my first post - thanks to all in advance.

I have downloaded a step file, and imported it. When in part/assembly mode, and no hidden view, the threads appear as cosmetic (in purple). This in itself, is not a great problem. However, in drawing mode, no hidden view, the threads also appear as cosmetic. With a Pro/E part, I would erase them with the "show and erase" dialog box, using the cosmetic tab. However, with this downloaded part the threads are not being erased.

I am running Wildfire 2.

Cheers,

John

Your imported modell is (probably) just a surface. Thats why it purple.

If you dont see any pink lines (one sided edges) you can solidify it. (if you see pink lines, then you have some surfacing to be done , start with IDD...)

//Tobias

John - If it is just the thread that you want tohide just create a layer in your model and add the threads. hide that layer and save status. Open your drawing, go to drawing options and set ignore_layer_status to no and regen your drawing and they will disappear.

Krow72

krow72,

Yeah, that would be fine if it was a pro/e part, but being a downloaded step file I can only select either the whole part, or nothing. Cannot select individual features.

John

ok, to get things right from the beginning...
smiley2.gif
when your in part mode, and goes " no hidden", is the whole part "pink and purple lines" or is it the "part color"? (white or grey or blue or whaterver seen in shaded mode) Or is it only the cosmetics? . If the partis purple and pink you can

John - when you are adding the threads to the new layer you can change the selection from all to quilt and query select the threads to that layer. By using quilt it is not looking for features it is looking just for surfaces.

Krow72

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back