Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Jacek`s Pontiac - I took it for a Spin !

[-Skint-]

Hey Guys, Jacek recently showed us the amazing progress he has made with his Surfacing capabilities with his rendition of a Pontiac Solstice
smiley32.gif
. He kindly sent me to model so that I could use it for rendering practice and obviously learn from his modelling technique. Remember none of this is ISDX work !

I have not done the model justice with these first two goes. Please keep in mind that I spent just 20 minutes total on these image, including render time !! The headlight bulb was broken when we took it through the forest
smiley36.gif

Comments welcome. I will work on doing better renders when I get chance.

87264795.jpg

Simple Studio type render..

10215158.jpg

cheers
smiley32.gif
both of you...

really good modelling and really good rendering. however a highway would be better for this car
smiley36.gif

wow Skint, frankly said I haven`t imagined yet, such quality pics could be introduced so fast

I barely switch to render my models because of time constraints and and my patients limits. I did it before - two years ago I introduced my TV set renders and that was a great thing which costed me great effort either.

Renders in Pro/E consumes to much time(and I am not considering the processing..)

any way great job, waiting for more
smiley36.gif

Dealing with somebody elses modelling makes rendering quite tough. Just importing this into hypershot means you have to configure the surface settings etc. Some part of the model are linked to others through surfacing, so if I change the appearance of the rear fender then other surfaces will change along with it.

Jacek, let me know if you want a particular colour or angle shot of the car, I will happily attempt anything for you :) I thought it may be something you would like to add to your website.

these are conditions I would like to introduce to Your renders if it is up to me

I would only swith to grey clour of the car or pure red one

of course I can`t wait till show it on my web page

Haha they are nice images. If you modelled the interior and added detailing to the headlights etc I am sure you would not be too far off
smiley4.gif

pontiacyellow.jpg

I prefer "butt" side of this car
smiley4.gif

keep going Skint, You got here bouch of addicted guys waiting for every news!

I would love to take a look at one of these surface models. I'm interested in learning these technics. Nice work on the renders.

Very nice renders SKINT!!! The grey studio render is the best in my opinion as far as reflection realism and the shine on the paint. What rendering program are you using?

muadib3d said:
I prefer "butt" side of this car
smiley4.gif

keep going Skint, You got here bouch of addicted guys waiting for every news!

Haha Give mea few hours sleep then when I am back in work tomorrow morning I will have a play with yur surfacing and see if I can get a few more details in there. I have to hide a lot of your surfaces and assembly items and then apply materials to each surface before they are recognsed in hypershot.

Hey CP, good to hear from you. Hows things ? I started to play around with WF5 and the mental ray style application but I just still cant get my head around it, so time cosuming and difficult to get accurate results compared to the simplistic nature of Hypershot which these are done with. Only had the software a day or so and have spent perhaps an hour on it, check it out www.bunkspeed.com

Renders are coming on nicely.
Jacek, if you want, I would not mind trying a few renders of your model via Lightwave.
If you don't want to release your ProE model, I can take an Iges.

Holy cow!

wow man, that is amazing. Ohnestly I prefere second one.

I would consider to increase relection for wheels material

I wish I had this software and this patience such Yours Skint
smiley2.gif

Nice work again Skint
smiley32.gif

Maybe you could add a floor pan in so it doesn't look hollow in the floor reflection!! Also, can you add your Christmas chick into it. I think that would finish the images off perectly
smiley4.gif

michael3130 said:
Nice work again Skint
smiley32.gif

Maybe you could add a floor pan in so it doesn't look hollow in the floor reflection!! Also, can you add your Christmas chick into it. I think that would finish the images off perectly
smiley4.gif

Haha you model her up and I will happily render her all day long lol.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back