Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rendering of a "space pilot"

atalet

Hi all,

That is my first modeling and rendering attemtpt with Pro/E. I am
sharing it with you because I would like to get some feedbacks. I
appreciate it if you can add your comments. (Good (if any
smiley36.gif
) or bad aspects)

P.S: I did not use ISDX. I used a 50 cm ruler and my sharp eyes
smiley18.gif

Wow, that looks great! Might need to adjust the
lighting a little?

How did you get the digital text? Decal?

Hi

Looks good, maybe some adjustments of the appearances of the plastic and metal parts.

But for first attempt it's great.

Greetings

Vasil Velchev
Edited by: vasil

Its pretty average for a render but great for a pro-e render
smiley32.gif
. Is this something you copied from your desk or made it up, cos some of the adjacent surfacing is crappy but maybe in the original design. Great work in pro-e both on modelling & rendering anyways.

Welcome to MCAD, its a nice place to hang around. Always very helpful and with regular banter !

@rklatte,

Actually I am very poor in rendering and especially in lighting thema. Digital text is not a decal; it is the text extruded on the surface
smiley18.gif

@vasil,

My primary intent was modelling and rendering was extra, therefore I could not spare enough time for rendering. (I think rendering takes more time than modeling
smiley4.gif
)

@ Skint,

it is standing on my desk. If you can show the surfaces which are crappy, I will be happy
smiley2.gif
Furthermore, I read nearly the all posts in the forum and I have seen your great improvement
smiley32.gif

Thanks for the all comments
smiley31.gif

Hi Mate, I dont mean poor surfaces just that an area of the body looks a little mis-matched or like it could be sharp.... here :

spacepilot.jpg

atalet, can you post or send me this model ? Icouldimport it into hypershot and do a comparison on the render effect.

Testing render capabilities of this machine I am using, this render took 2 minutes. Not Bad.

Savas, great start to your modelling too
smiley32.gif

13696716.jpg

[-Skint- said:
Testing render capabilities of this machine I am using, this render took 2 minutes. Not Bad.

Savas, great start to your modelling too
smiley32.gif

13696716.jpg

smiley32.gif
that seems better than the original, we should suggest this view to logitech
smiley36.gif

spacepilot.JPG

Nice rendering skint, though Atalet you did a good initial job using ProE though I personally think the image looks a bit on the flat side, purely down to the angle you've taken the shot from. Trying adjusting it more to the angle where you see more depth.

michael3130 said:
Nice rendering skint, though Atalet you did a good initial job using ProE though I personally think the image looks a bit on the flat side, purely down to the angle you've taken the shot from. Trying adjusting it more to the angle where you see more depth.

You are right Michael. I find the adjusting the part on a surface really weird in Pro/e or I really need experience with rendering. However my primary aim is not rendering, rather modeling. Therefore i do not want to spend too much time on rendering. Anyway thanks for the comment.

I understand you don't want to spend too much time on the rendering but when you do spend a little extra time on it, it helps improve the look of your models which most us have apent a long time perfecting, and that's important when building up a portfoliio for prospective employeers. Skint said it took only 2 minutes to render and I'm sure a bit of set up time but the results speak for themselves. And yes I agree, ProE can be fiddly to set up views properly.

Hello,

how do you make the renders so quick and good? in only 2 minutes !

i have renders that take hours and don't look like yours...

valimdj said:
Hello,

how do you make the renders so quick and good? in only 2 minutes !

i have renders that take hours and don't look like yours...

For starters a pc which costs $0000,0000,000000`s
smiley18.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back