Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Linear movement for pivoting shaft.

kiwinige

I have a lever that is assembled with a pin joint. I'm able to create a rotational analysis by specifying the number of degrees the arm moves.

But I want to set the distance the end of the lever moves in mm from the default plane.
How do you specify this?

I think for the pin connection, the single limit for rotation can be defined by angles. Therefore It can be easier to calculate the distance by using a simple trigonometrical calculation for the max and min distances swept by the respective angles. My 2 cents.

if you want to rotate and also to translate a shaft using the same axe you can do this:

for rotation use a cylinder joint and you can define the rotation movement

and

for translation on the axis you can use a diferent part wich will move your shaft, and this different part can be defined with2 planarconnections

(one linked to the shaft and one linked to the main axis)

Adding a second part is what I have been doing.
I just wondered if there was a way to specify the movement of the end of an arm in mm instead of degrees.
Usually you know how far you want an arm to move not how many degrees it pivots.
It captures the design intent better in my opinion.

A Pin connection gives you a Rotation Axis

A Cylinder you have Translation & Rotation axis

Rotation is going to be in degrees.

But if you would like it to be in reference to how far .. then set up a analysis feature to calculate your angle

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back