Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

RSD set up SPOOLS

design-engine

I have set up a company with appropriate routable symbols but am having trouble understanding the dataset and/or datatable for creating a custom spool table for applying datasets. Anyone can shed some light before I answer my own question?

I tried the brute force technique... and the forum.... maybe next Ill try to read the help?

apply dataset... select datatable... remove dataset... remove datatable... my hunch is that I would edit the data table or dataset with excel or a text editor vi i hope.

Okay.. a .PKG file.

Since I am doing my best to answer my own questions how does one go about editing the .pkg file? I would think that in the 'import package comparator' there would be a place to edit the spool.I have a list of wire colors and gauges that needs set for each new design.

My assumption is the spool table is difficult to edit because this data table should be set up by a systems administrator?
Edited by: design-engine

I would suggest you look at the help files. There is also a PDF documents with over 300 pages of info. These documents can be found under the rsd instalation. If you check in the rsd instalation folder on you PC, there will be another folder called rsdesigner with lots on info and example csv files. (even a demo db)

If you want rsd to drive proe via xml, there are a certain minimum requirement of parameters/properties that needs to be specified before it will work. Locate these in the help files. Create them as global properties in your rsd design. Create the CSV files in excel. Import them in as datatables, and assign them to your symbols in the catalogue explorer. If you want to change the datasets, change them in excel, and then just upload them into your design.

that makes total sense. thanks so much for taking your Sunday to answer these questions with so much time. I found load datatable too.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back