Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism Capture fails

geo111

Hello

I am using wildfire 3 I have created a moulding machine and when I analize it it works fine but when i try to capture the analasis on a high reolution photolux render it will do 3-7 seconds of the clip taking about 2 hours and then will crash with out any error warnings.

any ideas whats going on. i would really appreciate any help.

ps sorry for any spelling errors

I don't really know that much about this but in WF2 to say the animation module is buggy is a huge understatement.

Here are some things I found might help find the cause in (WF2):

Try rendering with a very low quality settings and output resolution, to see if that works. You might have video driver issues. Try PTC certified video drivers.

Also check your memory usage. You might just have too little free memory.
More likely however you're suffering from a bug, which might be hard to find...

I found that somehow setting part transparencies very often is the cause of crashes in animation. Try removing the transparencies (on a copy of your data of course) to see if that solves the problem. you can use styles to show/hide parts.

When using transparencies do not set entire subassemblies transparent at once, but try setting transparency for each part separately. It helped me once or twice.

Also, try not to set too many transparencies at the same point in time. Just put a short time between them. Somehow not having to set too many transparencies at once can prevent ProE from crashing.

Do not set transparencies at time 0 in the animation. Try 0,10s or better even later if possible. This caused many crashes for me...

Also the framerate of the animation itself should be high, i.e. the minimum width of the time steps should be very low (e.g. 0,04 secs). Especially with complicated mechanisms like slot-follower connections or ProE might simply forget where the part was going since each step is somehow calcuted relatively to the previous one and if a step is too large ProE might not find the correct position of the parts in the next step in time.

Set a regen value for the position of all parts in the mechanism. Then regenerate before starting the animation to make sure all parts are in the correct starting positions.

Always export your animation to pictures or movies with the first frame activated, not somewhere from the middle.

If anything else pops up I'll let you know. I hope you don't get as frustrated with animation as I did...
smiley18.gif

Good luck!

EDIT: Corrected (most?) typos
smiley36.gif

Edited by: Zestje

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back