Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Is there a system parameter for material?

willwad

We associate material to our models via #SET UP#MATERIAL#ASSIGN.

We want to display this material on parametrically on the drawing. We have set up a parameter &material.

Is there a relation that I can write to automatically update &material when a material is assigned to the part? I didn't know if there was a system parameter for material or not.

hello

iam afraid there isn't

you must manually assign the right material to the parameter every time

xcad

When you associate the Material parameter in either the .prt or .asm, if I am not mistaken, if you wrote your paramenter right (&material), and you properly formated your drawing, it should automatically change if you change the parameter within the .prt or .asm. I have never heard of writing a relation to automatically change the parameter within an .asm or .prt.

Hope that helps.

Def!

Hi willwad I have this little truck for updating the parameter &material when I change the material assignment, but first I want tell you that it does function only with parts. So this is may way: I have got a material files library, in each material file I use the system parameter condition to give a name to the material, then in part relation I write: material=material_param(condition)

so when you change the material by set up>material>assign, it automaticaly change also the user parameter material.

I hope this little hint could be useful for you.

Regards zalb

Hi willwad I have this little truck for updating the parameter &material when I change the material assignment, but first I want tell you that it does function only with parts. So this is may way: I have got a material files library, in each material file I use the system parameter condition to give a name to the material, then in part relation I write: material=material_param(condition)

so when you change the material by set up>material>assign, it automaticaly change also the user parameter material.

I hope this little hint could be useful for you.

Regards zalb

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back